Led on site due diligence of clinical stage asset in neurology from a top tier pharmaceutical company
Situation: US biotech identified a clinical stage in-licensing opportunity under development by a large global pharma. Confidential reports and documents were available for review on site only.
Solution: Zebra assembled a team of experts including preclinical pharmacology and safety/toxicology, CMC, regulatory, clinical and Intellectual Property. Our team coordinated a two-stage on-site due diligence of the drug dossier coordinating the effort and managing the final report drafting within the agreed deadline. The activities included:
• Led due diligence activities and facilitated all communication between the two organizations, ensuring that the right subject matter experts were identified and consulted.
• Managed the evaluation and transfer of information.
• Participated in the assessment of findings and daily status updates provided to senior management.
• Contributed clinically to recommendations provided to senior management and the Board of Directors
• Developed risk adjusted NPV model to evaluate the product candidate
• Prepared Term sheet based on the product risks and valuation
Value: Based on review of preclinical, clinical and patent data, Zebra provided final recommendation to the client and assisted the execution of term sheet as well as the licensing negotiation process.